Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

Wow just wow, this is amazing thanks!

Refugee
    Any thoughts on how to get this working on a dedicated server?

Quote Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
    Haven't tried, but heard you need mods both on server and clients.
    There's no c# code in this modlet, so it should theoretically be easy to have this work for dedi...

Tracker
    I installed and tried all the vehicles out. They're all amazing, thank you for sharing! I loved them so much, I introduced them on my blog. I now get about 3000 to 5000 views a day on my blog. I hope you don't mind me writing about your modlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
    Works fine on Dedicated Server, tested with 10 players online, You just have to make sure the Clients have the Mod as well as it contains Resource files that they need in order for them to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by chikorina View Post
    I installed and tried all the vehicles out. They're all amazing, thank you for sharing! I loved them so much, I introduced them on my blog. I now get about 3000 to 5000 views a day on my blog. I hope you don't mind me writing about your modlet.
    Glad you like it!
    No problem for talking about them on your blog, more people need to be able to enjoy this
    I'd be curious to see your blog... can you send the address (PM it if you prefer).

Quote Originally Posted by FastBurst View Post
    Works fine on Dedicated Server, tested with 10 players online, You just have to make sure the Clients have the Mod as well as it contains Resource files that they need in order for them to use them.
    Good news, thanks FastBurst.

The only problem I can see is that some of the vehicles are pretty heavy (big triangle count on the meshes especially). So if some of you want to have a mad max style battle royale with 16 vehicles, frame rate may drop a bit more than usual. I'll try to make them lower-resolution in the future...

Tracker
    My blog is all in Japanese, but maybe you can google translate it. I translate and write about 7 days to die vanilla and some mods for it. I hope google does an okay job at translating it. Here's the link to the page that I wrote about your mod. https://ameblo.jp/chikorina0529/entry-12422820994.html

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    A mod requires editing of the game xmls and files.

A modlet simply inputs the edits to the game and no physical editing of the vanilla files are required. Swap and change em as you wish.
    so to remove a modlet from your game is just a matter of removing the modlet from the mods folder?

Scavenger
    edit: answered my own question
    Last edited by SixxGunZ; 12-02-2018 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    so to remove a modlet from your game is just a matter of removing the modlet from the mods folder?
    yes, that's it.

My blog is all in Japanese, but maybe you can google translate it. I translate and write about 7 days to die vanilla and some mods for it. I hope google does an okay job at translating it. Here's the link to the page that I wrote about your mod. https://ameblo.jp/chikorina0529/entry-12422820994.html
    Nice! I tried to learn Japanese many years ago but never got really far, so I used the google translation.
    I like all the details you put for the installation, and the snapshots of the vehicles in-game. 3000-5000 views a day is huge, you must be a star or something.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by manux View Post
    Nice! I tried to learn Japanese many years ago but never got really far, so I used the google translation.
    I like all the details you put for the installation, and the snapshots of the vehicles in-game. 3000-5000 views a day is huge, you must be a star or something.
    No, no, 7 Days to Die is the one has a lot of Japanese fans, not me Yesterday, a Japanese youtuber who has 64000 subs said that he saw my article and was very interested in your vehicles. He said that he is planning on installing and playing it sometime. He and a lot of other people are looking forward to your other vehicles, like the boat. I hope A17 stable comes soon

No, no, 7 Days to Die is the one has a lot of Japanese fans, not me Yesterday, a Japanese youtuber who has 64000 subs said that he saw my article and was very interested in your vehicles. He said that he is planning on installing and playing it sometime. He and a lot of other people are looking forward to your other vehicles, like the boat. I hope A17 stable comes soon
    That's a lot of people. Nice to see the so much interest in the mod, thanks for the publicity!

Refugee
    That Powerpuff Girls car is the best thing ever.