Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

Quote Originally Posted by xPropaganda View Post
    That Powerpuff Girls car is the best thing ever.
    Lol, I guess you're talking about the Cicada car, it does look like it, ah ah!
    It was the first 4 wheels test car I implemented on A16, and decided to keep it, cause it was cute, and player looked funny when driving it.
    Last edited by manux; 12-05-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Refugee
    Could this be implemented with one of the in-game sedans as the asset? Then the client wouldn't need to add any resources, and everything would still be server-side?

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by jedigeorge View Post
    Could this be implemented with one of the in-game sedans as the asset? Then the client wouldn't need to add any resources, and everything would still be server-side?

Or am I missing something?
    I don't think the in-game sedans are rigged to be driveable vehicles, they're more like loot container blocks. We would still need to add unity resource files in order to make them driveable.
    The resource files would actually be replicas of the vehicles using their mesh and texture assets, with the addition of a vehicle Unity rig on them.

Refugee
    i have to admit i would love to salvage bits and peaces of the sedans to build my own Mad-max-alike rat sedan. If you could get the mesh and textures implemented that would be awesome. as long as they aren't clean and shiny that is

Quote Originally Posted by Bazalisk View Post
    i have to admit i would love to salvage bits and peaces of the sedans to build my own Mad-max-alike rat sedan. If you could get the mesh and textures implemented that would be awesome. as long as they aren't clean and shiny that is
    Being able to create custom vehicles in-game from salvaged pieces would indeed be pretty cool.
    I currently don't have much time to work on the mod. I started a new interesting vehicle a week ago, I hope to be able to work more on it this weekend. It is along the lines of a mad max vehicle...

Refugee
    How does the Grenade Launcher work on the 4x4?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxxel View Post
    How does the Grenade Launcher work on the 4x4?
    Vehicle weapons are not yet available in my A17 mod. I will only port those features when A17 stable will ship.

Refugee
    I just loaded in these modlets - they look awesome - however, and maybe its just like this or maybe i missed something,

but in the crafting menu when I pull them up I dont see any icon, or discrip, I see what I need to craft the vech
    and the name looks like - manux_CicadaCar - or rather a file name.

is this norm ?

Quote Originally Posted by illusions View Post
    I just loaded in these modlets - they look awesome - however, and maybe its just like this or maybe i missed something,

but in the crafting menu when I pull them up I dont see any icon, or discrip, I see what I need to craft the vech
    and the name looks like - manux_CicadaCar - or rather a file name.

is this norm ?
    I just verified, and I get both the icon and the proper name for the Cicada Car.
    But thanks for pointing this out, because it made me realize that I had no icons for the Car Chassis and Car Accessories!

So, about your problem, how did you install the modlet? I have 2 versions, the regular modlet and the SDX version of the modlet.
    For the Vehicle icons, you need the ItemIcons folder with all its icons for icons to work.
    And for the names, as stated in the OP, if you are using the regular modlet, you need to manually copy the content of the Config/Localization.txt file into your game install Config/Localization.txt file.

Let me know if you are still having issues after checking those.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by manux View Post
    I just verified, and I get both the icon and the proper name for the Cicada Car.
    But thanks for pointing this out, because it made me realize that I had no icons for the Car Chassis and Car Accessories!

So, about your problem, how did you install the modlet? I have 2 versions, the regular modlet and the SDX version of the modlet.
    For the Vehicle icons, you need the ItemIcons folder with all its icons for icons to work.
    And for the names, as stated in the OP, if you are using the regular modlet, you need to manually copy the content of the Config/Localization.txt file into your game install Config/Localization.txt file.

Let me know if you are still having issues after checking those.
    I took the folder - manux_CustomVehicles_A17_modlet - and dropped it in the Mods folder
    then copied the text from your Localization.txt and pasted it in the games Data/Config/Localization.txt at the bottom of the file

I used the Modlet files I believe as well ...

Is that correct?

UPDATE - this is surely something ive not done properly
    i am working on adding another modlet and same similar issue
    Last edited by illusions; 12-12-2018 at 03:32 AM.

I took the folder - manux_CustomVehicles_A17_modlet - and dropped it in the Mods folder
    then copied the text from your Localization.txt and pasted it in the games Data/Config/Localization.txt at the bottom of the file

I used the Modlet files I believe as well ...

Is that correct?

UPDATE - this is surely something ive not done properly
    i am working on adding another modlet and same similar issue
    Ok but did you download it from my regular modlet or from my sdx modlet version? The folders are named the same, but copying the sdx modlet folder directly won't work.

I also just updated the mod to contain icons for the car chassis and accessories.
    Since you don't seem to be using SDX, this is the download link you need to use: regular modlet

Also, just to make sure:
    - Your "Mods" folder needs to be placed directly in the 7d2d install folder, where the game .exe is.
    - Make sure that inside the modlets folders you have a file called "ModInfo.xml". If instead you have a file called "mod.xml", it means it's and SDX modlet, and won't work.

But if the above were your problems, the mods would not load at all, you wouldn't even be able to add the vehicles.
    So if you can add them, then I'm not sure what your problem is. It's very strange.
    You might want to delete your 7d2d install completely and then do a "Verify integrity of game files" to re-download the latest A17 version...

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by manux View Post
    Ok but did you download it from my regular modlet or from my sdx modlet version? The folders are named the same, but copying the sdx modlet folder directly won't work.

I also just updated the mod to contain icons for the car chassis and accessories.
    Since you don't seem to be using SDX, this is the download link you need to use: regular modlet

Also, just to make sure:
    - Your "Mods" folder needs to be placed directly in the 7d2d install folder, where the game .exe is.
    - Make sure that inside the modlets folders you have a file called "ModInfo.xml". If instead you have a file called "mod.xml", it means it's and SDX modlet, and won't work.

But if the above were your problems, the mods would not load at all, you wouldn't even be able to add the vehicles.
    So if you can add them, then I'm not sure what your problem is. It's very strange.
    You might want to delete your 7d2d install completely and then do a "Verify integrity of game files" to re-download the latest A17 version...
    Thats how i have everything. I downloaded the modlet. ModInfo.xml is in there.

So, my next thought that has dawned on me - is this for a ded server side or local player game ?
    im guessing this a local player files.

Thats how i have everything. I downloaded the modlet. ModInfo.xml is in there.

So, my next thought that has dawned on me - is this for a ded server side or local player game ?
    im guessing this a local player files.
    Works for a regular single player game for sure. For a server you need the modlet both on the server and on the clients. And I guess it's the same when playing multi without a dedi. Basically, every 7d2d install needs the modlets in order to load icons and .unity3d files.

I didn't think of asking you about that, I was certain you were on a regular install.
    Last edited by manux; 12-12-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Refugee
    hello manux, really nice mod, but i have a question
    could you do, in the future, a sport vehicle, like a old camaro or corvette (but with some customs i think)
    or its not possible for you because, you're too bussy?
    bests, ruslan

Quote Originally Posted by ruslanpls View Post
    hello manux, really nice mod, but i have a question
    could you do, in the future, a sport vehicle, like a old camaro or corvette (but with some customs i think)
    or its not possible for you because, you're too bussy?
    bests, ruslan
    I'm too busy right now, and at least till march.
    But Xyth will possibly do some tutorials soon, so that more people can start making custom vehicles...