Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockpicks

Refugee
    I hope they don't make lockpicking massively OP though, maybe make it take about as long as it would for you to break it open, but quieter so it'll be harder for someone to sneak up on you, and without having to hold down the left mouse button, so you can go semi-AFK while lockpicking.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterAlpha1 View Post
    ...and without having to hold down the left mouse button, so you can go semi-AFK while lockpicking.
    No, it needs to be more interactive, like lockpicks in Oblivion/Skyrim are. A feature should never be designed so you can just AFK during it, and not actually play the game. Games are typically designed to be played, and not as a distraction.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    No, it needs to be more interactive, like lockpicks in Oblivion/Skyrim are. A feature should never be designed so you can just AFK during it, and not actually play the game. Games are typically designed to be played, and not as a distraction.
    Yeah, good point.

How about making safes require electronic parts to make and include an alarm and 30 minute lockdown on failure to lockpick.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Hmmm...I dunno. I'm not a fan of the goofy lockpick minigames (or fishing or such).

I'm fine with some sort of something. I also don't think picking the lock should take nearly as long as cracking it open; especially when you have junky tools. Should be significantly faster. I'm thinking, perhaps if you fail it makes subsequent attempts take longer, and also the possibility of breaking the lockpick (assuming they aren't super hard or expensive to craft), which would probably block further attempts to pick; so now you have to break it open the hard way.