Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have Ark and just got The Forest, 7 Days To Die developers really sleeping on what

Refugee
    Tbf, I think what OP meant was that the TFP team is too small to push out these massive updates, and that by the time they "finish" the game, by whatever standard TFP thinks that means (but they have high standards, don't bash on me fanboys please), a lot of people will be bored and leave. Imo, this update was a massive step in the right direction. I liked how TFP attempted to gate off higher tier loot by making it more difficult to get iron tools and by making it more difficult to fight zeds with lower tier weaponry, allowing stamina to run out; although, as it stands, the system works to where you just kite zombies for so long that it literally isn't worth your time to loot higher tier structures. But I think that it'd be more effective to gate getting more than a farmer's shotgun/rifle, or a handgun, by making players get a specific skill- such as lockpicking, acid-making, or a skill called "Bash in", in order to get low medium to medium loot (different solutions to the same problem based on how you build your character), and for medium loot such as explosives to be a gate for high tier loot. These are changes I *hope* TFP have in mind; since they're starting to add multiple entrances to houses etc, I bet they also have planned the nerfing of hay/wood frames. All of this would massively change the game, for the better; Alpha 17 is the first step to a finished game. It looks like if TFP play their cards right, and don't waste time creating systems they'll change/remove anyways, this game will be completed.
    Last edited by Epicknight20; 01-05-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicknight20 View Post
    Tbf, I think what OP meant was that the TFP team is too small to push out these massive updates, and that by the time they "finish" the game, by whatever standard TFP thinks that means (but they have high standards, don't bash on me fanboys please), a lot of people will be bored and leave. Imo, this update was a massive step in the right direction. I liked how TFP attempted to gate off higher tier loot by making it more difficult to get iron tools and by making it more difficult to fight zeds with lower tier weaponry, allowing stamina to run out; although, as it stands, the system works to where you just kite zombies for so long that it literally isn't worth your time to loot higher tier structures. But I think that it'd be more effective to gate getting more than a farmer's shotgun/rifle, or a handgun, by making players get a specific skill- such as lockpicking, acid-making, or a skill called "Bash in", in order to get low medium to medium loot (different solutions to the same problem based on how you build your character), and for medium loot such as explosives to be a gate for high tier loot. These are changes I *hope* TFP have in mind; since they're starting to add multiple entrances to houses etc, I bet they also have planned the nerfing of hay/wood frames. All of this would massively change the game, for the better; Alpha 17 is the first step to a finished game. It looks like if TFP play their cards right, and don't waste time creating systems they'll change/remove anyways, this game will be completed.

The op was referring to console if I'm not mistaken so at the moment has nothing to do with what TFP do or don't do because right now nothing they can do until they get the rights back for console.

So the rest of it would be better if it was posted in the PC section as it really doesn't effect the console players or at least at the moment or most likely anytime soon. Even then the console wouldn't get updates like PC so got that also.

Ranger
    Shame Microsoft didn't buy the rights to this game for consoles. But not sure how that would fly since it was out for PS4 as well. If the MD5 bug was patched i'd be still playing it. Probably be at day 1,000+ already.

Colony Founder
    If microsoft bought it they would ruin it. Like rare

Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
    Minecraft is nothing like this. Not even close. Not even the same type of game
    Yes, that is what I said.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAW2ROBZ View Post
    Shame Microsoft didn't buy the rights to this game for consoles. But not sure how that would fly since it was out for PS4 as well.
    It's a shame that Sony didn't buy the rights to this game, seeing as how it runs a lot better on PS4.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by NavezGuy View Post
    It's a shame that Sony didn't buy the rights to this game, seeing as how it runs a lot better on PS4.
    I find that the building base games run better on PS4 than they do on XBOX.
    Its weird but must be bad porting or something.
    Conan Exiles for example. Crashes all the time on XBOX but I just tried it on PS4 this month because it was free and it doesnt crash.
    7DTD seems to have same issue with crashes and bugs on XBOX but I haven't experienced any of this stuff on PS4.

Refugee
    Thank goodness sony didn't get the rights because they would've made it exclusive to ps4 and a lot of people would miss out on this great game.

By the way, i'm on the 1x and the game runs great, maybe the std xbox suffers because of inferior memory compared to ps4.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
    If microsoft bought it they would ruin it. Like rare
    Perhaps you should add 'IMO' after all there is absolutely no evidence to your rather cynical and probably fanboyish comment.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tired gamer View Post
    Perhaps you should add 'IMO' after all there is absolutely no evidence to your rather cynical and probably fanboyish comment.
    No it was likely accurate, and there is evidence to be had.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ho-killed-rare

http://www.pauseresume.com/the-rise-...ction-of-rare/

https://nintendotoday.com/ex-rare-de...lks-microsoft/

And speaking of fanboy's...
    https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/r...uined-company/

I'm not saying Sony would do any better though. It would be best if neither got their hands on it.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    No it was likely accurate, and there is evidence to be had.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ho-killed-rare

http://www.pauseresume.com/the-rise-...ction-of-rare/

https://nintendotoday.com/ex-rare-de...lks-microsoft/

And speaking of fanboy's...
    https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/r...uined-company/

I'm not saying Sony would do any better though. It would be best if neither got their hands on it.
    Fair point, but using ex employees version of events does not provide unbiased points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by tired gamer View Post
    Fair point, but using ex employees version of events does not provide unbiased points of view.
    so do versions of employees and, even more, PR versions.

Refugee
    The XBox2 will have the same bug if Microsoft doesn't stop using the crappy file system that was out-of date years before the X-box released.
    I thought I read somewhere that PC players were starting to run into the same MD5 bug. Is that not the case? Is it really only a XB1 issue?

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernagon View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that PC players were starting to run into the same MD5 bug. Is that not the case? Is it really only a XB1 issue?
    It was a PC issue on older OS'es in a previous version. It was basically fixed and eradicated, but has recently popped up in the latest experimental. It is extremely rare though, and still only seems to affect older file systems. I don't know why people still insist on running XP and fat32. That likely won't be supported in the near future anyway.

Refugee
    It was a PC issue on older OS'es in a previous version. It was basically fixed and eradicated, but has recently popped up in the latest experimental. It is extremely rare though, and still only seems to affect older file systems. I don't know why people still insist on running XP and fat32. That likely won't be supported in the near future anyway.
    Ah... So it is an operating system issue. Didn't realize XB1 was FAT32 based? Isn't it NTFS?