Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading Schematics

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjustus548 View Post
    I dislike the idea of a one time use schematic. Basically we use the schematic to put together this mod for our gear and then for some reason set the schematic on fire because we won't ever need it again apparently lol. The schematics should either be learned or removed and all mods be learned with the different levels of Yeah Science!.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wearing steel armor and want to put steel plating and the mod that makes it have reduced movement speed penalties. So instead of using one schematic to make five mods I have to find 5 of the same schematic to make the same mod 5 times. It doesn't make any sense really.
    I totally forgot about the same armor mod being used in different pieces. I guess permanently learning it makes it a little easy to outfit all parts but I guess that is a flaw of such a simple system. Would much rather see an armorsmith skill where mods are slightly better at higher levels. Getting kitted out with mods early wouldn't make you overpowered then.

Refugee
    Well, when discussing other things that don't make sense in this game, people usualle get clubbed to death with the "Reanimated corpses don't make sense either, it's a game, shuddupp!!!!"

Tracker
    I'm currently working on a mod to change them to learn on use and not be required in recipes. Would prob make it to require the perk to be able to learn associated tiers of schematics. I hate it. Maybe simply for the fact they are named "schematics" and it makes no sense to not keep/learn them. If they were some random rare item like a type of metal it may be less annoying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive Pastry View Post
    I'm currently working on a mod to change them to learn on use and not be required in recipes. Would prob make it to require the perk to be able to learn associated tiers of schematics. I hate it. Maybe simply for the fact they are named "schematics" and it makes no sense to not keep/learn them. If they were some random rare item like a type of metal it may be less annoying lol.
    Your problem is semantics.....
    You don't like name of the item so you try to alter the whole system, because its called "schematic" instead of "that rare part".

Basically, people who have problem with them think of A16 and previous schematics, not rare item component, which current schematics are.

Semantics and nomenclature, try to look beyond the name.

Tracker
    Yes, that is basically what I said. Though I still generally just like the idea of having to find a schematic/book to learn how to make something. Finding learnable schematics was exciting. Thinking of real life, I would probably spend a lot of time checking libraries or the like to find books on how to do/make things...I wouldn't just kill 20 zombies and suddenly know how to create a makeshift battery. And then, for some mods it makes sense to require a special part, but requiring a special part to put a flashlight on a gun or put plastic on your armor? Ok, so it doesn't make sense, but gameplay wise? In effect it's a few perk points to have extra chances to find mods in bookshelves, plus some extra resources to actually make them. Again with the books...So yea, I guess it's the nonsensical implementation of the mechanic and the fact that I just enjoyed finding permanent learnables.
    Last edited by Deceptive Pastry; 12-08-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Refugee
    At least the schematic should not be consumed with the materials during mod creation.
    That should be easy for the devs.
    You'd still need to bring all of them with you but at least no more need of multiple schematic for the same mod.
    You don't lose instructions when you buld something...

Quote Originally Posted by stemaxx View Post
    At least the schematic should not be consumed with the materials during mod creation.
    You'd still need to bring all of them with you but at least no more need of multiple schematic for the same mod.
    Why you post in a thread you clearly didn't read a single post in?

Quote Originally Posted by stemaxx View Post
    You don't need to bring them with you. Usually you build stuff in your base where all the workstations are. So you would collect the schematics in a chest and take out the correct one to build the item. But that would just be the same as a schematic that you learn with some grindy activity on top.

As Katitof said, A17 schematics are NOT schematics. And since A18 will have real schematics again there really is no point in proposing ideas for A17 schematics.