Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Tutorial : XPath Modding in A17 for Beginners.

Tracker

Video Tutorial : XPath Modding in A17 for Beginners.

Something to help the visual learners out there get started in XPath modding.

Well Done. Thanks for putting this together.

Tracker
    No problem!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Please sticky.

Heck, as a general rule, any tutorial that shows people how to use the modding tools, should be sticky. It's only the ones that show people how to do specific mods, that should remain in the thread.

Thank you for making this. Great information!

Buggi - it really is an excellent video. I would give it a 10 except for two things:

1. In the first part, in describing append, (using polymers for stonearrows) you don't mention if the new stone arrow recipe REPLACES existing feathered stone arrows - or if this adds another instance. (Can you tell I am a noob? cuz I don't know. Easy to figure out - but would have been nice if you mentioned.)

2. How do you get these new mods to work? Do they go into a special folder, etc.? Again, I have no doubt this is easy to figure out - but would have been nice in the video.

Thank you!

For anyone else needing answer #2: Sphereii's 1st post in XPath Modding Explanation Thread explains this.
    Last edited by Quantum Blue; 12-23-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Tracker
    I have a video explaining how to install mods.

Also, why was this removed from sticky-hood?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Huh. Looks like everything was unstickied. My guess is he'll be indexing and making one link post, since this thread had more stickies than non stickies.

Survivor
    hey Buggi, I thought the video was great. I tried to follow your instructions with a simple modlet I created to increase walking and running speed but I get a syntax error. I already have a post asking for help and pasted in the code, didn't want to tie up your thread here. if you have any suggestions please let me know. The other modlet I created worked fine.

Inventor
    Thanks a bunch for making the vid, was very helpful indeed

Can you help me with localization? I made cooking peas turn into boiled peas. I copied the localization for foodcanPeas and changed it to my mod foodCanPeasCooked. It didn't work. The name does not show up as Boiled Peas and there is no description. I don't really care about translations or description but I really want the name to show up.

foodCanPeasCooked,items,Food,KgNone,Boiled Peas,Conserve de petits pois,Dose Erbsen,,Lata de guisantes,
    foodCanPeasCookedDesc,items,Food,EnChanged,No more food poisoning

Your tutorial was very helpful.
    Any help will be much appreciated, thank you for you time.

Solved the problem without localization, just named the items what I want them to show up as. Much easier.
    I would like to have a description if possible.

Now I have another issue. I'm trying to increase the risk of food poisoning on can food items. I followed your tutorial but I must have something wrong. Can't figure out what it is. This is what I did. The middle part is all one line in the file.

<FoodPoisoning>
    <setattribute xpath="/items/item[@name 'foodCanBeef']/property[@name='FoodPoisoningRisk']/@value">.25</setattribute>
    </FoodPoisoning>

Again thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Winterhart; 02-10-2019 at 02:47 AM. Reason: add info

Hunter
    As far as I know what you are changing in items is only the display value. What is displayed on the HUD.

You need to change the "buffIllFoodPoisoning0" in buffs but doing that would change everything that calls for the buff, not just canned food. A better way might be to add another buff, then have all canned foods call your new buff.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeW74 View Post
    As far as I know what you are changing in items is only the display value. What is displayed on the HUD.

You need to change the "buffIllFoodPoisoning0" in buffs but doing that would change everything that calls for the buff, not just canned food. A better way might be to add another buff, then have all canned foods call your new buff.
    It's not even changing the display value so something is wrong. Not sure how to create a new buff.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterhart View Post
    It's not even changing the display value so something is wrong. Not sure how to create a new buff.
    I have a headache today and can't see clearly but this should be close to what you want I think

Code:
    <configs>
    <set xpath="/items/item[@name='foodCanBeef']/effect_group[@tiered='false']/triggered_effect[@trigger='onSelfPrimaryActionEnd'][@buff='buffIllFoodPoisoning0']/requirement[@name='RandomRoll']/@value">25</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='foodCanBeef']/effect_group/display_value[@name='FoodPoisoningRisk']/@value">0.25</set>
    </configs>
    I think this is set to 25% chance of infection.

This should insert a new buff. (Only the buff name was changed to "buffIllFoodPoisoning3" from "buffIllFoodPoisoning0"

Code:
    <insertAfter xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffIllFoodPoisoning2']">
        <buff name="buffIllFoodPoisoning3 hidden="true">
            <damage_type value="Disease"/>
            <stack_type value="ignore"/>
            <duration value="90"/>
            <effect_group>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffFinish" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffIllFoodPoisoning1">
                    <requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="@$illnessChance"/>
                </triggered_effect>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffIllnessIndicatorTrigger"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffIllnessIndicatorTrigger"/>
            </effect_group>
        </buff>
    </insertAfter>
    Last edited by DukeW74; 02-12-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Tracker
    In your "insertAfter" there's an error.

Code:
    <buff name="buffIllFoodPoisoning3 hidden="true">
    You're missing a " after the buff name.