We have an Alpha 13 patch out now and here is a status update on 14.
We’re working hard on Alpha 14 and it has some great new content. Here are the highlights: Navezgane has gotten a lot bigger and better with a brand new improved height map with higher mountains and deep water, a new smoothing algorithm that makes the land and water much more natural, a multitude of new locations including the largest city in the expanded plains, and a bandit like shanty town and a huge lake with islands just to name a few.
Alpha 14 also has many new perks and improvements to our skills system, a great new damage and death system where zombies feed on your corpse, an introductory basics of survival quest, repeatable quest note challenges, a radiant buried treasure quest system for infinite digging for treasure fun, many new improved world textures and block shapes, a major rebalancing of block damage, leveling and XP, some good optimizations, random gen improvements, and so many bug fixes. We’re making great progress on it folks so expect it to drop in February.
Even with all this going on we took some time out to fix the most important user reported bugs from 13.6 and have an Alpha 13.7 patch ready. Tip of the fedora goes out to Gazz and Clockwork Orange for their xml fixes. You guys rock!
Alpha 13.7 Patch notes
- Fixed: Dropped Blocks Damaging Terrain & Other Blocks, PVP Exploit
=> removed all item to block damage as this is the source of too many exploits
- Fixed: Various xml bugs, exploits
- Fixed: Night vision effect
- Fixed: Modifying XUI cfg to access cheat menu on remote games
- Fixed: NRef on dedi
- Fixed: Armor Modifier values
- Fixed: Items from aborted crafting queue spam server
- Fixed: WRN Missing Cleanup for XML: xui/styles
- Fixed: NRE Spamming Client Output
- Fixed: Wrong case for XUi filenames
- Fixed: Dupe with Exceeding Stack limit on full inventory
- Fixed: Toolbelt transform duping for placeable items
- Fixed: Campfire/forge duping – dedicated server
- Fixed: Crafting and timers have inaccuracies in the time
- Fixed: Broken onscreen debuff status icons
- Fixed: Cobblestone ramp frame no longer craftable
- Fixed: Items and blocks spaz out after explosions dedi only
- Fixed: NRE, missing chunks and pink items/objects after sucking items with full inventory
- Changed: temporary fix to invulnerability from armor skills