We’ve just released Alpha 15.2 b8 which fixed a critical EAC timeout issue.
We’ve just released Alpha 15.2 with some critical fixes. For this and other news read on!
Concurrent Player records set
In January of 2017 we had our highest monthly concurrent player average of 12,833 players always on line and a concurrent peak of 22,977.
Alpha 16 update
Folks were trucking along with Alpha 16 work which could last through the end of March. Main planned features include:
- Electricity system with generators, battery banks, solar banks, lights, switches, relays, trigger system, melee traps, aranged traps and more
- Painting system that allows every main architectural block in the game to be painted on every side with up to 128 unique textures.
- Random Gen Beta Version which includes city, town and rural zoning, rivers, caves and a shit ton of new locations
- Sleeper Zombie System where locations have sleeping zombies inside
- Distant Location rendering system where you can see buildings miles away.
- New and updated Animals with fur system support
- There are a half a dozen extra features that could make it in if all goes well.
See the Dev Blog for the latest news and updates
Alpha 15.2 Release Notes
- Horde difficulty does not adjust correctly for a party with multiple players together
- Player planted corn disappears immediately
- Using a bow results in multiple arrows being visible from another Player’s perspective
- User login phase updated, including fixes for users of Steam’s family sharing as well as improved kick feedback
- Cancelled arrow does not visually unload from bow
- Custom modded UMA zombies not using external atlas
- Several duping issues
- Terrain clipping to see underground buildings and caves
- UMA zombies are missing the HeadGore bone, this needs to be added to correctly show the flesh cap on the neck when the head is removed
- Auger, chainsaw and nailgun use the Gun Smithing crafting skill and the blunderbuss Weapon Smithing.
- OSX: Game crashing on startup if multiple monitors are attached and not set to mirrored
- Linux: Graphics corruption on some GPUs
- Windows: Game crashing after entering a game on old NVIDIA drivers (34x series)
- Switch to the GLCore renderer in the game launcher (see below)
- Windows only: Try the 32 Bit engine from the game launcher (see below)
- Clean up old game data (e.g. from the “Tools” tab in the game launcher)
- Show the game launcher
- Open the Steam client
- Switch to the Games Library
- Right click “7 Days to Die” and select “Show Game Launcher”
- If any of the above issues are fixed by one of the above options, please report in the PC Support Forum Section of the forum. If none of these help use the PC Bugs Forum Section and post your problems, make sure to read the sticky thread about bug reporting first though!