So what the Hell is up with Alpha 11? We’ll it’s is nearing completion and we can smell the cornbread cooking over the campfire but we still have a ways to go as integrating Unity 5 has been a big job. That said, we’re getting close and if all goes well could have it out in March still. Tackling Unity 5 was well worth the effort but a few features needed to be pushed back but a lot of unexpected things have gotten in.
Here’s what’s made it in so far at very high level the official release notes will likely be 5 pages long.
- Unity 5 with a lot of most its bells and whistles working
- Sexy new Speedtree system with brand new trees
- New screen space ambient occlusion system gives shadowing and weight to the world
- New global physically based shader system which looks freaking beautiful
- New high res sky system with stars at night
- New item quality range system that affects guns, weapons, tools and clothing; this shit is deep
- New player leveling and leveled looting system: craft better stuff at higher levels and have better chances for better loot
- New high res first person hands and first person animations
- New first person procedural camera system with procedurally based physics and inertia
- New blunderbuss gun and new primitive bow
- New feral zombie, new burnt zombie
- Many new locations including a huge hospital, 2 new grocery stores, a new, larger bookstore, new larger hardware store and 2 new luxury cabins to name a few
- New random gen underground cave system, new random gen roads on hills, new random gen biome transition dithering, improved random gen rivers and a new random gen mixing xml for modding the game
- New zombie Gore Blocks: corpses decompose into a pile which can grow and allow zombies to vault over walls. They will eventually biodegrade if left alone
- New steam networking and server browser enhancements
- Tons of bugs fixes, too many to name
Folks this is a giant build with way too much to list here. Rest assured you’ll be blown away it’s our biggest release to date! And here are ten new screenshots for you viewing pleasure.
Check it out now funk soul brother!
And if you crave even more regular news check out Joel’s Blog here as he updates it quite regularly