The Fun Pimps are happy to announce that we’ll be participating as an exhibitor at TwitchCon 2022 – San Diego!
We will be promoting a brand new twitch extension with exciting new features, coming in Alpha 21. Some of you may have already seen in Prime’s Twitch.tv streams! Our new Twitch Extension for 7 Days to Die aims to make it easier than ever before to help or harass your favorite streamers. Viewers can spend free points (or even bits) to interact with their favorite streamer. They can help or hurt you with zombie spawns, debuffs (or buffs), and unique game events that you cannot experience outside of Twitch viewership including: homerun derby, bucket heads, and more!
Stop by the booth and say hello to our wonderful development team, get an early look at the Twitch extension in action, find out how to get some new 7 Days to Die swag, or win big with the cosplay contest!
Sign up for the Extension Demo Experience
We’re hosting signups for Twitch streamers to try out the extension at our booth! If selected, we’ll assist you in setting up your Twitch account to stream with the new extension. Each demo experience is projected to last anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour.
7 Days to Die Cosplay Contest
We’re hosting a large competition for all of the talented cosplayers out there in our community! Come show off your expertise in crafting the finest of costumes, and have a chance to win fantastic prizes! All participants will at least win a runner-up prize!
For official rules and details regarding the contest see the section below.
- Cosplay must be related to a character or enemy in 7 Days to Die.
- Cosplay must match TwitchCon’s established guidelines on appropriate behavior.
- You must be present to take a photo at the TwitchCon 2022 booth, and provide information so that we can reach out after judging. No entries from outside of TwitchCon San Diego will be accepted.
1st Place: MSI RTX 3090 TI (Approx. $1,339.99 Value)
2nd Place: Dream Stream Setup (1 x Elgato Stream Deck, 1 x Elgato FaceCam (Premium 1080p60 Webcam,1 x Elgato Wave:3 Microphone, 1 x Elgato Key Light; Approx. $729.93 Value)
3rd Place: Elgato Stream Deck (Approx. $209.99 Value)
All Runner Ups: 7 Days to Die Steam Key, and 7 Days to Die Key Art T-Shirt (Approx. $54.98 Value)
We’re debuting two new items that will soon be listed on our Amazon Store – a newly designed T-Shirt and branded lanyard! And as a special surprise, if you visit our booth, you might be able to win these items for free!*
*Visitors will be required to provide information and, if interested, engage in the “TFP Dance”. An example of the dance will be provided. Any and all free merchandise is only available while supplies last at our booth. One per visitor.
7 Days to Die – TwitchCon 2022 – San Diego Cosplay Contest Rules
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. The following contest is only intended for participants located in the United States of America who are 18 years of age or older and have reached the age of majority under the laws of the jurisdiction in which they reside. Further eligibility restrictions are set out in Section “3. ELIGIBILITY” below. Do not attempt to enter the contest unless you are eligible. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America, to the extent permitted in each applicable jurisdiction, as further explained in Section “17. CHOICE OF LAW AND COMPETENT COURT” below.
- DESCRIPTION. The “7 Days to Die TwitchCon San Diego 2022 Cosplay Contest” (the “Contest”) takes place onsite at TwitchCon San Diego, which is currently scheduled to take place between 7 and 9 of October 2022 in San Diego, California (“TwitchCon San Diego”). To enter, eligible Entrants (defined below) must be present at the booth during the aforementioned time that the convention is occurring. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (as defined below) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of The Fun Pimps (the “Sponsor”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects. The Contest will flow as follows:
- SUBMISSION PERIOD. The Submission Period begins at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (“PST”) on 7 October 2022 and ends on 9 October 2022 at 5:00 PM PST (the “Submission Period”).
- Submission Judging: Submissions will be judged on an on-going basis throughout the Submission Period and immediately following the Submission Period. Eligible Contest submissions will be evaluated by an independent Sponsor-selected judging panel according to the Judging Criteria set forth in Section 6. No formal announcement of winners will be made at TwitchCon San Diego.
- Winner Announcement: Winners will be announced between 10 October 2022 and November 30, 2022. All winners will be privately contacted prior to announcement.
- ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to individuals located in the United States of America at the time of entry and who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of primary residence at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Entrants must possess valid identification to be eligible for this Contest. Entrants must travel to TwitchCon San Diego, and be present at the “7 Days to Die” booth, to be eligible to win this Contest. Each Entrant must have a valid Twitch account; Twitch accounts are free and may be obtained by logging on to www.Twitch.tv and following the onscreen prompts to create an account. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person who opened the Twitch account associated with the relevant entry, as long as such person is otherwise eligible.
- Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Sponsor, any fulfillment coordinator, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to participate. For purposes of the Contest “household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and “immediate family members” shall mean parents, step- parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
- HOW TO ENTER. During the Submission Period, come to TwitchCon San Diego with your cosplay or costume and show up at booth #3213 (7 Days to Die/The Fun Pimps). Bring identification, your twitch.tv username, and an email and/or phone number suitable for contact. The exhibitors at the event will ask for your consent to having your photo taken for use in social media promotion, as well as for the purposes of the judgment period. All entries are limited to (1) per eligible person; you may not enter with multiple costumes.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. Submissions must adhere to the following requirements:
- Cosplay must be, in some capacity, related to the 7 Days to Die videogame, to be judged at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- Cosplay must be the original creation of the Entrant and the Entrant must personally create the majority of the Cosplay, in the Sponsor’s sole estimation.
- Cosplay must have been created within the 12 months immediately prior to the Submission Period, and Sponsor reserves the right to require evidence to demonstrate this.
- Submission must be in compliance with Twitch’s Terms of Service, Community Guidelines and Events Code of Conduct and Release. Failure to comply may result in disqualification from the Contest.
- Submission must NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, unnecessarily violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), cultural appropriation, illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing.
- No functional weapons are allowed at TwitchCon. You must disclose to Twitch if your submission will include weapons to ensure your weapons comply with Twitch’s requirements.
Note that simulated or costume weapons that are composed of cardboard, foam, wood or other light materials are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by one of the Costume Props Check Desks where it will be tagged. All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Entrants must use only one (1) Twitch account throughout the Contest Period.
- Entrants must provide upon request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Submission (in the event an Entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Submission, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor’s benefit, or otherwise allow the applicable Submission to remain in Contest). In particular, if any Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining the necessary permissions to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in any part of the Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render such Submission null and void. By entering a Submission, Entrants warrant and represent that they, along with any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Submission, consent to the entry and use of the Submission in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
- Submission must NOT include materials that violate or infringe another person’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights.
- Submission must not contain negative depictions or references to or disparaging remarks by or about any third party including but not limited to the Sponsor, the “Released Parties” (as defined below) or any of the products and/or services of any of the foregoing, Sponsors’ competitors, or any other people, media properties, businesses, corporations or trademarks.
- SUBMISSION JUDGING. 3 Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor (the “Judging Panel”). The Judging Panel will score all eligible Submissions timely received during the Submission Period on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Choice of 7 Days to Die Character and Accuracy to Character
- Overall Quality and Aesthetic Detail
- Functionality of the Cosplay
- Effective Use of Materials, Craftsmanship
The three (3) Submissions with the highest scores per Category will be placed accordingly to the agreed upon ranking set by The Judging Panel. If any potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or has not complied with these Official Rules or declines to be a Winner for any reason, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner may be selected. The decisions of the Sponsor and the Judging Panel are final and binding in all respects and are not subject to challenge or appeal and there will be no correspondence between the Entrants and the Sponsor/Judging Panel in relation to decisions.
- PRIZES. 3 Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) will each be rewarded the following prizes
corresponding to their placement, as well as runner ups for all eligible entrants:
|Placement||Prize Description||Est. Value|
|1st Place||1 x MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB GDRR6X Graphics Card||$1,329.99|
|2nd Place||”Dream Stream Setup” 1x Elgato Stream Deck XL 1 x Elgato FaceCam (Premium 1080p60 Webcam) 1 x Elgato Wave:3 Microphone 1 x Elgato Key Light||$729.93|
|3rd Place||1x Elgato Stream Deck XL||$209.99|
|All Eligible Runner Ups||1x 7 Days to Die Steam Key 1 x 7 Days to Die Key Art T-Shirt||$54.98|
- Finalists will be subject to all rules and regulations of TwitchCon San Diego attendees as set forth by Sponsor. Failure to abide by them may result in forfeiture of the prize. Upon any prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Winners will be contacted via the information they provided at TwitchCon San Diego, and will have three (3) business days to respond.
- If a prize goes unclaimed or a potential Winner is ineligible, does not comply with the requirements in these Official Rules and/or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner will be disqualified and a new Winner will be decided in accordance with Section 7.
- PRIZE LIMITATIONS. The approximate retail value for any prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination thereof and is final and binding and cannot be appealed. Each prize recipient is solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial, territorial and/or local taxes and withholdings, and for any other fees or costs associated with the redemption of a prize. All prize details are at the reasonable discretion of the Sponsor. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer a prize to another person. Except as specified otherwise in the Official Rules, if a prize cannot be awarded, a substitute prize of comparable or greater retail value may be awarded. The value of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. No refunds or credits for changes are allowed. Other restrictions may apply. No refunds or credits for changes are allowed. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsor has discretion as to the means of payment for cash prizes.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES. All federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release the Sponsor, any fulfillment coordinator, and each of their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Winners may be asked to participate in select publicity activities, as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or publicity materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Submissions or other materials; (iii) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Submissions, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (iv) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; (v) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Contest. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest or use of a prize. Where these Official Rules provide for discretion exercisable by Sponsor that could otherwise cause a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations hereunder to the detriment of a consumer and contrary to the requirement of good faith, such discretion shall be exercised reasonably and in good faith.
Sponsor may prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Released Parties representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE TWITCH WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE.
- CANCELLATIONS AND MODIFICATIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to adjust times and dates in these Official Rules at any time and/or to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest, TwitchCon San Diego at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, in the circumstances provided for under this Section 11, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or conduct of the Contest or TwitchCon events, strikes, lock- outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, pandemics or endemics (including, without limitation COVID-19 and its variants).
The Contest is fully intertwined with TwitchCon San Diego. In case this conference is cancelled, in accordance with this Section 11, the Contest will be also cancelled and no prizes (or substitute prizes) will be awarded. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, decide not to cancel the Contest but instead to postpone the Contest to a later date, or to continue the Contest in a modified format, in which case the Sponsor shall relay alternate Contest details and rules to Entrants in a timely manner.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. As between Sponsor and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to their Submission. As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Sponsor and Released Parties a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from (observing applicable statutory author’s moral rights, if any), and publicly display a Submission or any footage or visual reproduction thereof (1) for the purposes of allowing Sponsor and the Judges to evaluate the Submission for purposes of the Contest and live streaming; and (2) in connection with advertising and promotional materials via communication to the public or other groups, including, but not limited to, the right to make screenshots, animations and Submission clips available for advertising and promotional purposes.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. To the extent required by local law, notwithstanding anything in these Official Rules, the Released Parties’ liability shall not be limited in any way for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other claim where liability may not as a matter of law be limited or excluded.
- PROMISES/POTENTIAL LIABILITY. Each Entrant promises that: (i) the Submission is the Entrant’s own original, non-commercial, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) so far as the Entrant is aware, the Entry does not contain any computer virus and is otherwise uncorrupted, (iii) so far as the Entrant is aware, the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous; (iv) the Submission is in compliance with the Sponsor’s Terms of Service, Events Code of Conduct and Release, and Community Guidelines; (v) the Submission is not the subject of any threatened or pending litigation, claim or dispute that might give rise to litigation, which adversely affects or in any way prejudices, impairs or diminishes the rights granted hereunder or the value thereof; (vi) the Submission is free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the Entry in the manner authorized herein and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy, or publicity claims, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to claims for re-use fees or residuals; (vii) for a period of twelve (12) months following the end of this Contest, Entrant will not use the Submission for any commercial purpose other than creation and submission in accordance with these Official Rules, including without limitation, use in or in connection with any commercial endeavor, including, without limitation, t-shirts, posters, or other merchandise. Subject to applicable law, Entrant hereby agrees to reimburse the Sponsor and the Released Parties in relation to any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the promises given by the Entrant above, Entrant’s participation in the Contest, or Entrant’s acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, which are not as a result of Sponsor’s negligence or its breach of these Official Rules.
- PRIVACY NOTICE. All information that you provide in connection with the Contest will be treated in accordance with Twitch’s Privacy Notice.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND COMPETENT COURT. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Texas, USA, without reference to or giving effect to any conflict of laws rules or similar principles thereof. The Entrant agrees that the courts located in Collin County, Texas will have exclusive jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of, relating to or concerning these Official Rules. You hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- WINNERS’ LIST/OFFICIAL RULES. To obtain the list of the winners or a copy of these Official Rules, go to thefunpimps.net/cosplaycontest_twitchcon2022. Winners will also be announced online on our social media platforms and can be freely reviewed there.